Monday 11 March 2013

Monday Inspiration: Fiona Rae
3:06 pm

Monday Inspiration: Fiona Rae





I remember seeing Fiona Rae's work (unfortunately I don't remember the name of the work) at the Tate Modern quite a while ago and I was in total awe. Staring closely at her work, I absorbed every detail of the painting from the layers of manipulated, glossy oil paint to the sporadic mark making etched onto the canvas. 

I really like the abstractness of her work simply because it's aesthetically pleasing to look at. Your eyes move around with the flow of the brush marks and there's always a new part of the painting which you thought it wasn't there.

I read an interview on the Guardian website and it was really interesting as she explains how she paints and what it represents to  her. 

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment