Saturday 7 May 2011

Interview: Gabriella Barouch
12:53 pm

Interview: Gabriella Barouch







Ah at last it's Saturday (thank goodness...) Today I I'm going to spend some time relaxing and hanging about around London! Most likely shopping! 
Anyway let's get the weekend started by introducing illustrator Gabriella Barouch. I LOVE Gabriella's work; so intricate, delicate and beautifully illustrated.  Every piece has a story to tell.


Hello there! Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Gabriella and I'm a 26 old illustrator. I'm on my last year of B.DES in graphic design major in illustration in Bezalel academy of art and design. I’m a designer’s toys collector, and I especially love vinyl figures. I have a great passion for vintage toys, objects, pattern and colors. I own a lot of books, most of them are children’s books, graphic novels, and basically every book that is illustrated would fascinate me. I collect Alice in wonderland versions because it is my favorite book.

What inspires you and your work?

The ranges of elements I find inspires me is huge.  I can find interest in everyday situation, Books-especially poetry and nonsense, other artist I admire, old sketches I made, music, surrealism, emotion, other cultures, toys and my room.

How do you promote yourself?
I owe a lot of the work and exposure I get as an illustrator to the internet - online portfolio is a great way to showcase your work to a large audience. More than that a lot of illustration agency and magazines open for quick submission online; so it’s really easy to send your portfolio this days. I think this accessibility is a huge advantage.

Any news you would like to share with us (e.g. projects, commissions, collaborations.)
I'm working on my final project this days, a booklet of illustrations for nonsense poems by Edward Lear.

And lastly any words of advice for the creative peeps out there?
Work hard you can always get better!

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment