Friday 20 August 2010

Julia Pott for The Working Proof
8:38 am

Julia Pott for The Working Proof





I recently got an email from Anna over at The Working Proof to share some exciting news about the talented illustrator Julia Pott (oh I love her work by the way!) Julia has released a new limited edition print of 100 called the 'Whale Hill' and in her own words:

Add Image
"The print is called Whale Hill, and was influenced by English beach towns. While I was creating the piece, it was brought to my attention by a few people that I'm not very good at sharing things (whether it be her dessert or lending someone a book), so I created the fox as a version of herself, keeping the houses and ponies to himself."

Not to mention that 15% of the sales will be donated to Transportation Alternatives which is a New York based project promoting other ways to travel such as cycling, walking and taking public transport. For only $40, that's like equivalent of £25/26 for us British folks, it's a really really good price. Well I'm already saving up my pennies to purchase this little gem for our new flat.

Julia's profile can be seen here on The Working Proof artists section and you can read her interview about the piece here too.

The Working Proof is run by Anna Corpron and Sean Auyeung, to see what they're up to go to their blog. They also have another design blog called Sub-Studio Design.

All Images are from The Working Proof website, thanks for letting me use them!!

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment